To answer the following questions and explore the ADA in more depth, I chose to create a Prezi, an infographic, and a flow chart.
Go here to see my response to these first two questions:
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act and who does it protect?
- Why are the terms “Title II” and “Section 504” important to this discussion?
Next, I made an infographic to answer this question: what is IDEA and who does it protect? How does it differ from the ADA?
Lastly, I chose to answer these last three questions in a flow chart. I grouped these questions together because I think understanding reasonable and unreasonable accommodations will be most applicable to my future working life. These are the questions answered in the flow chart:
- What is a “reasonable accommodation” and what else are those called in the educational setting?
- What might make an accommodation unreasonable?
- The big one: how do ADA, IDEA and other legislation in the readings and your exploration so far apply to you in your working (or future working) life (where might or do you find yourself needing to take ADA, IDEA, etc. into account?)